2022 is going to be a packed year for Sports fans. There are many sports events to look forward to…here is a list of 10 Sports events you can’t miss in 2022 as an Indian sports fan.
- 1. 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup – India will be hosting Women’s Asia Cup in 2022. This is an event not to be missed for Indian football fans. All matches will be played in Mumbai and Pune.
Event date: 20 January – 6 February
2. Women’s ODI Cricket World Cup: New Zealand will be hosting the 2022 Women’s Cricket World Cup. 8 teams, including India, will be vying for the trophy.
Event Date: 4 March – 3 April
3. Winter Olympics: Beijing is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics. Watch out for the Indian skier Arif Khan at the Winter Olympics.
Event Date: 6-20 February
4. Women’s Hockey World Cup: Netherlands will be hosting the 2022 edition of Women’s Hockey World Cup. 16 teams will be participating in the event. The top 4 teams at 2022 Asia Cup will qualify for the World Cup.
Event Date: 1-17 July
5. IAAF World Championships: The Athletics World Championships will take place in Oregon, USA. There is no prizes for guessing the Indian athlete who will be in limelight for the event – Neeraj Chopra. Can Neeraj repeat his Olympics performance and get a World Championship medal.
Event Date: 15-24 July
6. Commonwealth Games: The 2022 edition of Commonwealth games will take place in Birmingham. Athletes from 72 nations are expected to take part in 20 Sports.
Event Date: 28 July – 8 August
7. Asian Games: 2022 Asian Games will take place in Hangzhou, China.
Event Date: 10-25 September
8. T20 Men’s Cricket World Cup: The 2022 edition of T20 Men’s World Cup will take place in Australia. 16 teams will take part in this tournament.
Event Date: 16 October – 13 November
9. 2022 ISSF World Shooting Championships: The Shotgun World Championships will take place in Croatia between 27 September and 10 October. The Rifle and Pistol Championship will take place in Egypt between 12-25 October.
10. BWF World Championships: The 2022 edition of Badminton World Championships will take place in Japan between 21-28 August.
Loads of sports action to look forward to in 2022. It is also the year in which qualification timelines start for 2024 Paris Olympics. Hoping for a great 2022 for Indian sports.
Happy New Year 🥳