February is here. Here is a look at some key sports events to look forward to in February.
- Women’s T20 World Cup: The biggest event in February is going to be the start of Women’s World Cup. Indian Team led by Harmanpreet Kaur is going to look for for its 1st ever World Cup title. In run-up to the tournament, India will play a T20 series with Australia & England.
More on Women’s T20 World Cup here.
- Tennis: February is going to be big month for Men’s Tennis in India. India will hosting 2 big events: Pune Open (ATP 250) and Bengaluru Open(ATP 125 Challenger). It will be great opportunity for Indian tennis players like Prajnesh, Sumit and Ramkumar to gather precious ranking points.
- Badminton: The Premier Badminton League final will be played on 9th February. After the PBL, Indian players will take part in Asian Badminton Championships.
- Wrestling: Asian Wrestling Championships will be held in New Delhi from 18th to 23rd February. It will be a good chance for Indian wrestlers to prepare for Olympic qualifiers in March.
- Weightlifting: There are going to be 5 Olympic qualification events in weightlifting in February: International Fajr Cup(1-5 Feb), International Solidarity Champs (8-12 Feb), Asian Junior Championships (13-19 Feb), Australian Open (28 Feb-1 Mar), Malta Open(28 Feb-1 Mar). It is yet to be seen in which competitions Indian Olympic hopefuls like Mirabai Chanu and Jeremy Lalrinnunga will feature.
The Asian boxing qualifier which was scheduled to take place in China this February has been rescheduled due to Corona virus. It will now take place in March in Jordan.
March is going to be a huge month for Olympic qualifiers. More on it in next month’s calendar.
Here is the calendar of February 2020.